This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tongcheng in Anqing
Anqing in Anhui
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Tongcheng (Chinese: 桐城; pinyin: Tóngchéng) is a county-level city and former county in the southwest of Anhui province and is under the jurisdiction of the prefecture-level city of Anqing. Its population is 744,000 and its area is 1,571 km2 (607 sq mi). Tongcheng is noted for the Tongcheng School.
Administrative divisions [ edit ]
Tongcheng City has jurisdiction over 4 subdistricts, 18 towns and 4 townships.
- Xindu (新渡镇), Shuanggang (双港镇), Qingcao (青草镇), Kongcheng (孔城镇), Daguan (大关镇), Fangang (范岗镇), Jinshen (金神镇), Lüting (吕亭镇), Tangwan (唐湾镇), Huangjia (黄甲镇), Xunyu (鲟鱼镇), Xizihu (嬉子湖镇)
Notable people [ edit ]
- Zhang Tingyu, advisor to three Qing Dynasty emperors
- Chu Bo, the former governor of Hunan Province, and currently party chief in Inner Mongolia, was born in Tongcheng.
- Fang Bao - author
- Fang Lanfen - author
- Fang Quan - author, Qing prefect
- Fang Chih - Chinese diplomat
[ edit ]
- Government website of Tongcheng (in Simplified Chinese)
- Website of Tongcheng Middle School (in Simplified Chinese)
- Tourism Information of Tongcheng (in Simplified Chinese)
- Tongcheng Normal School (in Simplified Chinese)
|This Anqing location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|