University Grants Committee (Hong Kong)
|Headquarters||Shui On Centre, 6-8 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong|
|James Tang Tuck-hong|
|University Grants Committee Secretariat|
|Subsidiaries||Quality Assurance Council
Research Grants Council
|University and Polytechnic Grants Committee|
|University Grants Committee|
|Education in Hong Kong|
|Other Hong Kong topics|
|Hong Kong portal|
The University Grants Committee (UGC) of Hong Kong is a non-statutory advisory committee responsible for counselling the Government of Hong Kong on the financing and expansion needs of its subsidised higher education institutions. Appointed by the Chief Executive of Hong Kong, its members consist of local and overseas academics, university administrators and community leaders.
List [ edit ]
UGC-funded universities are:
- City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
- Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
- Lingnan University (LingU)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
- Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK)
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- University of Hong Kong (HKU)
Quality Assurance Council [ edit ]
The Quality Assurance Council (QAC), established in April 2007, is a semi-autonomous non-statutory body operating under the purview of the Committee to facilitate quality assurance of all programmes at the levels of sub-degree, first degree and above (however funded), offered by the UGC-funded universities.
Research Grants Council [ edit ]
The Research Grants Council (RGC), established in January 1991, is a non-statutory advisory council functioning under the aegis of the Committee. It is responsible for providing suggestions to the Government on the needs of Hong Kong's higher education institutions in academic research and distribution of funding for research projects undertaken by the UGC-funded universities.
See also [ edit ]
- List of higher education institutions in Hong Kong
- Higher education in Hong Kong
- Education in Hong Kong
- Education Bureau
- University Grants Commission (disambiguation)
- Self-financing Higher Education in Hong Kong
References [ edit ]
- "Message from Chairman of UGC". www.ugc.edu.hk. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "What is the University Grants Committee (UGC)?". www.ugc.edu.hk. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "What is the relationship of UGC with its funded universities?". www.ugc.edu.hk. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "What is the purpose of establishing the Quality Assurance Council (QAC)?". www.ugc.edu.hk. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "What is the Research Grants Council (RGC)?". www.ugc.edu.hk. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
[ edit ]
- University Grants Committee
- University Grants Committee Secretariat
- Quality Assurance Council
- Research Grants Council
|This Hong Kong education topic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|