This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Xishan Island (Chinese: 西山岛) is a part of Suzhou (苏州) It's the largest island in Lake Tai covering an area of 79.8 square kilometers. There are 72 mountains in Taihu County, with 41 of them located in Xishan Island. The highest mountain, Piaomiao Mountain (缥缈峰), is 336.6 meters high and also belongs to Xishan Island.
The official name of Xishan Island derived from Xishan Town (西山镇) but on June 28, 2007, it was changed to Jinting Town (金庭镇).
To develop a local tourism industry, Xishan Scenic Zone (西山风景区) was founded. There are lots of natural landscapes in Xishan Island, including Shigongshan (石公山), Linwudong (林屋洞), Mingyuewan (明月湾), Baoshansi (包山寺), Xiangxuehai (香雪海), and so on.
Apart from these tourist attractions, Xishan Island is also well known for producing a variety of fruits. Visitors to Xishan Island can enjoy seasonal fruits such as plums, waxberries. oranges, loquats, peaches and so on.
References [ edit ]
- "Welcome to Suzhou". Classicsuzhou.com. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Wuxi Taihu Lake, Jiangsu". Travelchinaguide.com. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "苏州西山缥缈峰景区 苏州缥缈峰 太湖缥缈峰 太湖第一峰". Xsly.org. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Xishanzhen Map | China Google Satellite Maps". Maplandia.com. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "江苏苏州西山风景区旅游,西山风景区图片和概况介绍". Izy.cn. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "西山林屋洞官网 | 林屋洞官网 | 西山林屋洞景区官网 | 西山林屋洞官网 |". Linwudong.com. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "苏州西山明月湾景区". Xsnjl.org. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "苏州西山包山禅寺". Njcct.com. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "太湖西山香雪海". Niwota.com. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
|This Suzhou-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|