Life [ edit ]
Zhao was born in Dingzhou. He was a member of the Zhao clan of Tianshui and a descendant of King Jia of Dai. His grandfather Baofu, father Buqi and brother Dongxi were scholar-officials in the imperial court.
In 751, Zhao was the governor of Wu Commandery. He made a petition of establishing a county between Kunshan Jiaxing and Haiyan named Huating. His plan was approved by the imperial court and Huating county was formally established. The county was the first independent administrative division in the area of today's Shanghai. In 752, he served as the governor of Beihai Commandery and left his only recorded poem in Beihai.
References [ edit ]
- Zhou, Xunchu (2003). 唐诗大辞典. Fenghuang Press. ISBN 9787806431863.
- Li, Jifu (1983). 元和郡县图志. Zhonghua Book Company. ISBN 9787101013511.
- Epitaph of Zhao Dongxi
- Lu, Rong (1997). 菽园杂记. Zhonghua Book Company. ISBN 9787101017564.
- 话说沪商. CICAP. 2007. p. 13. ISBN 9787801934925.
- Qiao, Shuming (1984). 上海史硏究. Xuelin Press. p. 14.
- Li, Zhengyu (1998). 古本敦煌乡土志八种笺证. Xinwenfeng Press. p. 215.