District location in Uganda
|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|• Total||897.6 km2 (346.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||244.9/km2 (634/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Location [ edit ]
Zombo District is bordered by Arua District to the north, Nebbi District to the east, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the south and west. The town of Zombo, where the district headquarters are located, is approximately 70 kilometres (43 mi), by road, south of Arua, the largest city in the sub-region. This is approximately 382 kilometres (237 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The coordinates of the district are 02 30N, 30 54E.
Overview [ edit ]
Population [ edit ]
In 1991, the national population census estimated the district population at 131,300. In 2002, the national census estimated the population at 169,000. In 2012, the population was estimated at 219,800.
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- "Map Showing Zombo And Arua With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Zombo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Vision, Reporters (22 April 2010). "Government Names 14 New Districts". Kampala: New Vision. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Anyoli, Edward. "Zombo Gets First Woman MP". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Estimated Population of Zombo District In 1991, 2002 & 2012". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 21 May 2014.